Garden Party in St.Agatha may have spots left for winter. Martin's Family Fruit Farm sells Ontario fruits and vegetables 12 months a year at their retail store. Do a little research and find out where you get continue to buy local in your area.
This dish is wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free. Your welcome Meg ;-)
Also for Rob's request of Asian-inspired dishes.Serve warm.
Cashew Chile Lime Stir-fry
Makes 2 servings
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
5 mushrooms, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
4 baby bok choy
1/2 pack rice noodles
1/2 block firm tofu, chopped
1/4 cup cashews
juice of 1 lime
2 Tbsp honey (or if not avoiding wheat add 1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce)
4 Tbsp peanut oil
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small chili
- Place chopped carrots and broccoli in a bamboo or metal steamer.
- Place over a large pot of boiling water. Steam carrots and broccoli over the hot water for 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Meanwhile, add sauce ingredients in a large frying pan or wok. Heat at medium to medium-high heat. Add tofu and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add green onion, mushrooms, steamed vegetables and cashews to pan and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add bok choy to pan, stir and cover with lid for 2 minutes more.
- At the same time, add rice noodles to boiling water and cook for 6 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Rinse noodles under hot water to remove starch. Add noodles to pan. Squeeze lime over stir-fry and add honey. Give one final good stir to mix flavours.
Much love and good eating,