Monday, October 18, 2010

Stratford - The County Food Co.


I visited this cute little restaurant one day last month as I was driving through Stratford looking for good, wholesome food on the go. It's so easy to stop at a coffee shop or some other fast food place but it never leaves me feeling very well. So I opted for something just as fast, way more delicious and even included local ingredients!


The quaint little shop has an incredible variety of food to choose from, both hot and cold dishes, soups, salads, wraps and entrees. They include both meat and vegetarian items on the menu to accommodate everyone - from vegetarian pot pie to homemade lasagna to asparagus and cheddar crepes - oh my!

Fresh pastries, cookies and pies for a yummy treat as well.

The County Food Co. has been in business for three years and buzz for the restaurant is continuously growing. The chefs use local ingredients in their dishes as much as possible and sometimes opt for organics. They foster relationships with local farmers to bring the freshest and most nutritious food to their customers. I enjoyed two yummy things on my trip:

Grilled vegetable and feta cheese foccacia pizza (above) and a veggie wrap (below). Both delicious. I will be visiting this place again, next time I am in town.


For more information and directions visit their website @:

And definitely stop in next time you visit the cool city of Stratford!

Much love & good eating,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment