(Makes 4 servings)
1 shallot, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups cauliflower
2 cups water
1 can (2 cups) white kidney beans
Dash of cayenne
1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup parmesan, grated
4 cups cooked macaroni pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepot on medium heat. Add shallots & cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, water, beans, freshly ground pepper & a pinch of cayenne. Heat to a simmer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Puree with a hand–blender.
3. Mix both cheeses together and set 1/4 aside. Add 3/4 cheese to pureed sauce. Mix in the macaroni pasta.
4. Pour sauce & pasta into a baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese.
5. Broil in oven for 3 to 5 minutes until top is golden.
Serve warm with veggies or salad.